Cylinder Studs, HT Steel, Std. Length, Harley-Davidson®, Milwaukee-Eight 2017-2019
• Heat treated 180,000 PSI aircraft alloy steel
• Centerless ground to remove material imperfections
• Rolled threads for the strongest threads period
• Black oxide treated for enhanced corrosion resistance
• The M8 Cylinder Stud solution
KPMI® Cylinder Studs are made from 180,000 psi yield strength, fine grain, heat treated, aircraft grade alloy steel. When you want a stud that meets proof-stress and maximizes clamping force, look no further. KPMI® “rolls” the threads, heat treats and then centerless grinds the entire body of the stud. Rolling the threads creates the toughest and strongest thread possible and centerless grinding removes notch sensitivity. Further, the case end thread is designed to have a slight interference fit to minimize distortion and maintain good thread contact during torque procedure. The final process for all KPMI® Studs is to encase the entire stud with premium corrosion resistant treatment of Black Oxide. Congratulations on your choice to purchase a stud that meets and exceeds your stock-replacement of high-performance needs!